Community Resource Center (CRC)
The CRC is located at 55 Bunker Hill Street in Charlestown and is open to the public Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM. The CRC staff provides a wide range of antipoverty and social services on both a scheduled and drop-in basis.
If you would like to make an appointment to meet with our Director of Senior Services please call 617-241-8866 EXT. 1352 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a representative listing of the services offered for Charlestown residents:
- Senior Exercise Programs
- Internet based job search assistance, resume and cover letter development, interview preparation, and post interview thank you letters and emails.
- Information and referrals to education and job training programs
- Weekly food distribution programs in collaboration with Fair Foods.
- Positive parenting classes and parent support groups.
- Healthy cooking classes and food shopping on a budget.
- Classes in budget preparation and financial literacy training.
- Assistance in accessing all forms of local, State, Federal and corporate low-income support services such as fuel assistance, food stamps (SNAP), housing vouchers, WIC, Summer Works jobs, and low cost internet and computers, etc.
- Emergency support services for those that are: in need of food, clothing, shelter, transportation services to critical appointments; information about and/or referral to organizations that provide services for individuals/families dealing with issues of domestic violence, substance abuse/addiction, and/or mental health concerns.
- Information and referral for basic health screening services for children and adults.
- Annual Holiday Gift Drive that provides seasonal gifts for over 400 children from low income families.
- Annual Flea Market.
- Annual Community Pot Luck Luncheon.
The Kennedy Center Board of Directors and staff are fully engaged in assisting and supporting other local civic and nonprofit organizations in the fulfillment of their mission. The management team members actively participate in many community wide collaborations/joint ventures that are directed at improving the quality of life for all in our community.