CFEN Parent Partner
Title: Parent Partner, Charlestown Family Engagement Network
Reports to Director of Community Services.
Job Summary: We are looking for parents* of young children who would like to make their neighborhood better for themselves and other families. You are your child’s first teacher! We would like to work together with you towards healthy development of young children in our community, through parent leadership trainings and activities in the neighborhood.
This is an hourly position for 8 hours/week.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Charlestown Family Engagement Network (CFEN) and the Boston Family Engagement Network (BFEN) teams to engage with families in Charlestown
Ages and Stages Social Emotional (ASQ S/E)
- Attend ASQ and ASQ SE trainings
- Responsible for implementation of the ASQ-SE in Charlestown
- Identify resources and referral mechanisms for families with young children to appropriate services in the community
Early Childhood Family Engagement Coordination
- Implement at least one early childhood family engagement activity – 2 hours/month
- Promote and advertise programs to include a diverse group of families
- Attendance in all the Learning Communities and Core Leadership trainings
- Attend supervision with the CFEN Leadership team at the neighborhood level
- Coordinate, publish and update newsletters (both print and digital), flyers and program announcements.
Eligibility: Parents of a 0 – 8 year old child. Parents of color, low income parents and parents of children with special needs are encouraged to apply.
Location: The citywide trainings will be virtual and/or in locations that are accessible by public transportation and will have parking.
Level of impact: Neighborhood level and Boston, citywide.
Compensation: This is an hourly rate at $15/hour
To apply: To apply, please send your resume and cover letter with your last name, first initial, and job title in the subject line to [email protected].