Community Services Assistant
Organization: The John F. Kennedy Family Service Center, is a multi-service non-profit agency dedicated to increasing the availability, accessibility, and effectiveness of services for children, families, and seniors. For over fifty-six years, the Kennedy Center has established a reputation for the delivery of high-quality educational and social service programs for residents of Charlestown, MA.
Position: The Community Services Assistant is a full-time, exempt position working closely with the Director of Community Services, Program Team, and Executive Director to promote the organization’s mission and to help to formalize its fundraising and communications operations. Reporting to the Director of Community Services, the Community Services Assistant will be an instrumental part of a small, hard-working team with exposure to all aspects of the organization’s work. This position also acts as administrative support for the Director of Community Services. A high level of professionalism, flexibility, enthusiasm, project management, organizational skills, and attention to detail is required.
This position involves assisting with database administration, seasonal appeals, event management and general fundraising efforts to support the Kennedy Center’s mission. The Community Services Assistant will be comfortable wearing many hats – including database querying, managing distribution of fundraising appeals, and managing social media calendars. As a part of a small organizational administrative team, there will be miscellaneous duties assigned as needed to support the Leadership Team. Occasional weekend and evening hours will be required.
Duties And Responsibilities: Below are some representative responsibilities, but the full scope of the position may exceed the duties listed below; There is some flexibility for performing some duties remotely.
- With the organization’s Office Manager, manage the donor database including: updating records, processing gifts, keeping contact records, overseeing correct coding of gifts, timely mailing of thank you letters, welcome packets, and IRS documentation.
- Prepare varied financial reports for the Community Services and Development Department.
- Assist with the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts, including direct mail campaigns and annual reports.
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts, and expenditures related to fundraising and the management of activities.
- Collaborate with the Community Services Program Team on social media and marketing strategies.
Qualifications and skills:
- College degree plus at least 3-5 years of development experience at a nonprofit organization (will consider other comparable experience).
- Knowledge and experience in a range of fundraising techniques, particularly annual appeals, donor communications, and utilizing events to reach, cultivate and steward donors.
- Strong time-management skills, with an ability to manage many projects at one time.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with flexibility, self-confidence and a sense of humor.
- All other related duties as assigned by the Director of Community Services and/or Executive Director.
- Multilingual skills preferred.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter with your last name, first initial, and job title in the subject line to [email protected].