Community Services Case Manager
Organization: The John F. Kennedy Family Service Center, is a multi-service nonprofit agency dedicated to increasing the availability, accessibility, and effectiveness of services for children, families, and seniors. For over fifty-six years, the Kennedy Center has established a reputation for the delivery of high-quality educational and social service programs for residents of Charlestown, MA.
Position: The JFK Community Services Case Manager is a full-time, exempt position working closely with the Director of Community Services, Program Team, and Executive Director to promote the organization’s mission and to help formalize JFK’s COVID-19 Response. Under the supervision of the Director of Community Services, the Community Services Case Manager will be responsible for maintaining case management files, providing supportive services and referrals through individual visits and follow-up to enable clients to become more self-sufficient.
Duties and Responsibilities: Below are some representative responsibilities, but the full scope of the position may exceed the duties listed below:
- Conduct outreach activities to recruit and screen clients for JFK Services.
- Maintain case management files, and provide support services and referrals.
- Conduct intake process and determine needs and program eligibility and make appropriate referrals to orient new clients to referred programs.
- Develop and maintain resources in the community that will benefit clients.
- Conduct in person and virtual case management client meetings and workshops to assist clients in establishing and meeting wellness, educational and occupational goals.
- Completing an Individual Development Plan (IDP) with each client on caseload and reviewing goals and progress regularly
- Provide clients with services for EITC tax preparation, food pantry, fuel assistance, and with Virtual Gateway services, including food stamps and health insurance.
- Having strong familiarity with community organizations that offer education and employment resources and supportive services for adults and youth.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse educational, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with flexibility, self-confidence and a sense of humor.
- Ability to respond flexibly in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Deep commitment to the agency’s mission.
- All other related duties as assigned by the Director of Community Services and/or Executive Director.
- Multilingual skills preferred.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter with your last name, first initial, and job title in the subject line to [email protected]ennedycenter.org.