Position: Marketing and Community Engagement Intern
Division: Community Services
Reports to: Director of Capacity and Program Development
About the John F. Kennedy Family Service Center: The John F. Kennedy Family Service Center, Inc., (Kennedy Center) is a 501(c)(3) multi-service non-profit corporation located in Charlestown, MA. We develop and operate high quality programs that serve a wide range of ages and needs. We have achieved expertise in early childhood education, day care, afterschool programs, antipoverty based community services and elder care supports and services.
Summary: The John F. Kennedy Family Service Center, in Charlestown MA, is seeking a qualified intern to assist our Director of Capacity and Program Development in developing, implementing, and executing programs and policies sponsored by the Kennedy Center’s Community Services department.
This internship start/end date is flexible. The intern is expected to work at least 15 hours per week during normal business hours (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and occasionally be available on weekends for community events. All internships are unpaid. Our offices are located in Charlestown with easy access to public transportation and on street parking.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist with social media content management. (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
• Assist with basic web updates (WordPress)
• Generate and monitor content for all electronic media platforms and community newsletter
• Assist with community engagement projects/events
• Assist with the preparation of marketing/advertising materials and grant proposals
• Provide Administrative support (Program/Organization minutes, update calendar, etc)
• Perform related duties and fulfill responsibilities as required
• Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited academic program and authorized by their
• school to participate in the internship
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficient in MS programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
• Graphic and/or web design skills/experience
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying
• Valid driver’s license
• Previous experience working or volunteering for a nonprofit organization is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to meet work schedules, learn quickly and work independently
• Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
To Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to Crystal Galvin at email@example.com.