Early Education Programs
Since the early 1960s, the Kennedy Center has been providing quality early education services in Charlestown. Our school is located at 23 A Moulton Street in Charlestown. This site is licensed to serve 131 preschool children between the ages of 2.9 and 5 years.
We offer several models of education and care through our partnerships with Head Start, the Boston Public Schools, and the MA Dept. of Early Education and Care.
However, ALL our programs have some consistent elements to nurture children and prepare them for kindergarten.
All our programs include:
- Nutritious (and kid-friendly) breakfast, lunch, and snack made from scratch in our kitchen
- Speech, Developmental, Vision, Hearing and Dental Screenings
- Outdoor playtime on our climbing structures and outdoor musical instruments
- Dedicated time for imaginative play, literacy, art, math, and science
- Home visits by teachers to encourage good home-school relationships
- As assigned “Family Advocate” who provides information and assistance to caregivers as they navigate the parenting journey
We also run periodic programs especially for the caregivers, whether workshops on topics like stress management or a weekly parent group which offers a judgment-free zone for talking about parenting challenges and exchanging resources.
Questions on registering a child or eligibility for programs
Enrollment Coordinator: [email protected]
Questions on the specifics of any educational program
Griselle Tejeda, Director of Children’s Programs